Freedom Charity asked our sister company Southwick Media to raise their profile during the criminalisation of Forced Marriage.
The #Freedom2Choose campaign was to be a social media and a broadcast PR campaign.
- Social Media Release
- Press Release
- A campaign film featuring the Home Secretary, Theresa May, and leading figures in the forced marriage campaign
- Broadcast PR
- Full Press Office and Media Relations for the duration of the campaign
- BBC News played a package all day on 16th June with Aneeta Prem and a classroom of children holding up paper with #Freedom2Choose written on it.
- The whole film was put up on the Sky News website.
- ITN used the Home Secretary’s interview and morph to Aneeta Prem in their main lunchtime bulletin.
- ITV Good Morning Britain – Aneeta Prem live on the sofa. Case study Sally was pre-filmed on Sunday to appear in news packages.
- BBC London Radio Breakfast Programme – Aneeta Prem and Sally interviewed live (and separately) by Paul Ross and Penny Smith.
- BBC Radio 5 Live Victoria Derbyshire programme Aneeta Prem + Sally live 25 minute discussion.
- ITN National lunchtime news (pre-rec with Aneeta). The original plan to have Aneeta live on ITV at 1:30pm changed because of Iraq and other developments and because they had a shorter than usual programme due to the World Cup football.
- BBC News Channel – live interview Aneeta Prem + Sally.
- BBC World TV – live Aneeta Prem
- Sky News – Aneeta Prem + Sally pre-filmed & appeared in packages throughout the day.
- Channel 5 News (pre-rec interview with Aneeta + case study “Sally”)
- ITN National early evening news (pre-rec Aneeta)
- BBC Asian Network – pre-rec
- BBC Radio Stoke
- BBC Radio Nottingham – Aneeta Prem interview
- Al Jazeera (contacted Freedom directly)
- Radio Anglia – pre-rec Friday
- Mustard TV – pre-rec Friday
“Highly professional and very well produced [film]”
— Home Office